Happy Happy Day! Read More
I welcome everyone new to Belladonna’s Flashlight and for everyone else, Thank you for staying! I hope you enjoy being apart of the fam and will continue to read and join in on discussions. I love hearing from you all. Read More
This is a new type of transformation Tuesday. Today I want to show you how to transform a bland box of cake into a mouth-watering jaw-dropping delight.
I usually don’t do this, but I had a box Read More
Yesterday was my birthday, and I couldn’t have asked for a better day. Being greeted with love from my family is more than I could’ve asked for. You see that 3 layer cake below. My baby girl made me that from scratch, and the taste was unbelievable. When her friends saw a picture of it, they immediately asked how much she would charge them and just like that orders came rolling in.
But no matter what day it is and no matter how special it is for you, mother duties never end. Read More
All she can feel is the weight of the world on her shoulders and the breath of temptation breathing heavy on her neck. She can feel the sun beating down on her skin scorching every part of her that’s exposed. When she rises, everything goes black, Read More
She is laying in bed half awake and half brain dead. She can’t help but wonder where the night went. Her legs are a little swollen, feet are sensitive to touch, hair feels greasy like it hasn’t been washed in weeks. When she felt her face, she could tell that her bags were back more prominent than ever. She couldn’t help but to look up at the ceiling and say, “do I have to repeat this schedule again.” Read More
I hate to be the mom that’s drunk every night during the last week of school. But I need to just chill and tap out for a minute. The last 3 weeks of my life have been a blur and I just keep hearing these damn reminder alerts going off on my phone. I am so sick of hearing those damn dings but without the reminders, I would forget everything.
My alarm is set for 7:45 and on a good Saturday I’ll wake up 30 minutes before that delightful chime goes off. I take my time rising up and make me a warm cup of coffee. I was never a big coffee drinker until a couple of years ago when bought a Keurig and it was so much fun to operate and so easy to use.
When my son was 2 I thought that I was going to pull my hair out. I have never in my life seen something move so fast and destroy the house in seconds. I learned quickly to only buy decorations from the Dollar Store because they won’t be around long. As soon as my human tornado saw a new decorative item it was as good as gone. But he was a little curly head cutie and I could not stop kissing him and squeezing his fat squishy body. But the squishy body started to grow and grow and grow and lean out.
My curly head cute tornado turned into a stunning teenage boy. But dear God give me strength because he is still a tornado. Just in a different way. Put it this way when it is time for spring break, summer break, Christmas break or any other break I sigh with RELIEF! I am exhausted from holding my foot up this boy’s behind. One year I was so upset with his grades and I said to him, “Boy I think you are purposely trying to kill me”. That might sound dramatic but I am so freaking serious. That is how I felt.
He is brilliant but lazy. When he studies he gets 96% or 92% on EVERYTHING and then he gets comfortable and it’s downhill from there and I want to scream!!
However, over the years these 5 basic tips have relieved my stress and prevented me from becoming a crack head or alcoholic.
- Stay firm no matter how cute you think they are. At the end of the day, cuteness doesn’t matter. I’m looking skin deep. My end goal for my son is to become a productive and well educated GOOD man. I refuse to have a grown man still depending on me financially. As long as my son lives under my roof I will sacrifice and make sure he has everything he needs to succeed. But then he is expected to use all the tools we gave him.
- Make him stay connected with the Lord. The bible will just instill good values and make them want to be a good person and be mindful of the feelings of others
- KEEP them in sports or any extracurricular activity that will take a good deal of their time. You have to keep them busy and teach them time management. Sitting around playing video games and looking like a damn zombie at the screen will not teach them a thing.
- Don’t let them date until they are able to control their mood swings. If you let their all over the place mood meet up with another teenager that has major uncontrollable moods then you are in for a world of danger. You have these two annoying kids feeding off of each other and making their moods even more darkened. What’s worse than 1 crazy? Yeah, you guessed 2 crazies!
- Don’t give up not even on their darkest days. Let them know that they are loved but you expect greatness and respect. Make sure they know that you will not let that death grip go.
When I tell you that I will die for my son, I mean that with my whole heart. If I have to go without so that he can have then that’s what I will do. When I had children I knew that I was going to raise them the best I could and pray that they become better than me. So when you see them slide it breaks your heart. But if I have to grab him up by the collar and stare at him while he is in class in order to make sure he is doing the right thing. Then guess what? That’s what I will do. I refuse to have him slide to the point of no return.
I’ll keep you all posted on his progress.
You could have chose to read any blog but you chose mine and I’m honored!