There are several problems with the holidays!
But we’ll just talk about one major one. During the Holidays it’s extremely popular to eat a big plate of guilt. This is the time of year that we are constantly eating, drinking, getting behind on our rest, buying overpriced gifts, dealing with relatives that we wish we weren’t related to, and last but not least, eating a big plate of guilt.
Every bite we take and every drink will gulp down; we are filled with regret.
Every year, people have the strange urge to lose 20 pounds before Christmas or the New Year. And every year, they are let down because they gain an extra five pounds instead of losing weight. It’s the classic case of trying too hard, getting stressed out, and then eating your feelings.
We have to stop this trend and start a new one. But, first, please know, it is impossible to lose 20 pounds in a month or two. Not to mention, it’s insane to have those words come out of your mouth. When you put insane foolishness in the atmosphere, you tend to make your life a little more complicated. Constantly thinking about losing weight will mess up your entire Holiday season.
SO STOP IT!
How many years will you put yourself down, stress yourself out and make your Christmas blue?
This Christmas, choose to be realistic by telling yourself;
- The thought of losing 20 pounds quickly is unhealthy
- Starving yourself will cause long term damage
- My mental well being is more important than eating with regret and counting calories
- I will speak nicely to myself
- I will work out for at least 30 minutes every day
- I will not shame myself if I eat that piece of cake or cookie
- Stress will not eat my soul this year
Practice balance, be happy, and enjoy life!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!