In the past I showed people not only how to coupon but how to use coupons to buy ingredients to create a fantastic meal.
So I think it’s time for me to bring that back. And what better time than RIGHT NOW. I think it’s perfect for the holidays and a great way to bring in the new year.
My goal is to teach every cook out there how to plan ahead and make meal prep as easy as possible and cost efficient. Not to mention HEALTHY and DELICIOUS!
Mesquite New York Strip Steak and Chicken
~Cost ~ Everything purchased at Target
- New York Strip Steak (4-5 pieces) ~ $24.00 Or cheaper steak to afford more servings (10 pieces) $20.00
- Chicken Breast (6 pieces) ~ $9.00
- 3 Red Peppers ~ $3.00
- 3 Green Peppers ~ $3.00
- 1 Large Red Onion ~ $1.00
- 2 Large White Onion ~.30
- 3 Large Heads of Brocoli ~ $3.00
- 2 Packs of Mesquite Marinade ~ $3.50 each
Things to go with each meal
- Sweet Potatos or Red Potatos $3.50-$6.50
- White Rice or Brown Rice $5.00 for a large bag
- Salad $4.00
First meal First
Place peppers and meat in a large bowl and set aside for a minimum of 60 minutes and then proceed to cook for 40 minutes on 400 degrees.
Choose Your First Meal
- Cook sweet potatoes on 400 degrees for 40 minutes and add a big salad
- Switch out your sides and make red potatoes in chicken broth, bring them to a complete boil until all broth has evaporated and then mash them when they are soft, season with a butter and pepper
- Stir Fry ~ Make your rice according to the package and cook up broccoli and then add chunks of mesquite chicken and steak to the brococoli and other cooked vegetables
You could have chosen any blog to read but you chose mine and I’m honored!
28 Replies to “~Mesquite Steak and Chicken~”
This is wonderful , Belladonna . Thanks for sharing.💕
Thank you 😊
My pleasure 💕
That looks amazing!!
Thank you 😊
Wow! Looks delicious! Great photos befor and after!
Thanj’s for share, Belladonna.
Thank you Elvira💜💜💜
Looks and sounds delicious but I have to ask, here do you live and what store do you shop at? Our prices are twice as high as yours! Groceries have become insane! Even chicken is ridiculous anymore!
I should’ve added the added the target circle savings plus the $10/$40. I totally forgot that 🤦🏽♀️
I always clip the online coupons
I KNEW there was a catch! 😆😁🤣😂
I’m jealous of your food prices ~ Ours are much higher. This dish sounds delicious!
Target usually has great prices for food and ALDI prices are AMAZING!!!!
Dang, the Target here closed, and we don’t have ALDI. I definitely shop for deals ~ Especially this time of year!
Oh wow Target closed???
Looks yummy 😋
Thank you 😊
Oh Lawd…here she go with the food again! 😂🥩😝🥗🤣 And here I sit with a Reuben and some chips! But, your culinary skills are off the charts and your dishes look oh-so scrumptious! 😋😋😋 You go Mamacita! 😘💖😎
😂food is my life! It’s the only reason so workout! I will not go hungry😂
Oh no, not the starving Belladonna! LMAO!!! 🤣😜😂😝🤣
hmmmm..okay, I’ll give it a shot.
You won’t regret it
Wow! This is the most delicious post I’ve read all day! 😁💜
Awwww thank you Jeff😍😍😍😍
Looks so yummylicious
Thank you! It’s my go to if I can’t think of a meal to cook.
Good choice 👏