In the past I showed people not only how to coupon but how to use coupons to buy ingredients to create a fantastic meal.
So I think it’s time for me to bring that back. And what better time than RIGHT NOW. I think it’s perfect for the holidays and a great way to bring in the new year.
My goal is to teach every cook out there how to plan ahead and make meal prep as easy as possible and cost efficient. Not to mention HEALTHY and DELICIOUS!
Mesquite New York Strip Steak and Chicken
~Cost ~ Everything purchased at Target
- New York Strip Steak (4-5 pieces) ~ $24.00 Or cheaper steak to afford more servings (10 pieces) $20.00
- Chicken Breast (6 pieces) ~ $9.00
- 3 Red Peppers ~ $3.00
- 3 Green Peppers ~ $3.00
- 1 Large Red Onion ~ $1.00
- 2 Large White Onion ~.30
- 3 Large Heads of Brocoli ~ $3.00
- 2 Packs of Mesquite Marinade ~ $3.50 each
Things to go with each meal
- Sweet Potatos or Red Potatos $3.50-$6.50
- White Rice or Brown Rice $5.00 for a large bag
- Salad $4.00
First meal First
Place peppers and meat in a large bowl and set aside for a minimum of 60 minutes and then proceed to cook for 40 minutes on 400 degrees.
Choose Your First Meal
- Cook sweet potatoes on 400 degrees for 40 minutes and add a big salad
- Switch out your sides and make red potatoes in chicken broth, bring them to a complete boil until all broth has evaporated and then mash them when they are soft, season with a butter and pepper
- Stir Fry ~ Make your rice according to the package and cook up broccoli and then add chunks of mesquite chicken and steak to the brococoli and other cooked vegetables
You could have chosen any blog to read but you chose mine and I’m honored!