I might be late to the movement, but I love Quinoa!
Quinoa is absolutely delicious with everything. The first time I made it, I used water, and then I saw a recipe that changed my life. I quickly switched from water to chicken broth, which changed my mindset about Quinoa.
But let me be completely honest and tell you that I don’t read directions well, and because of that, I make foolish mistakes. For example, I didn’t know I was supposed to rinse the Quinoa a few times before cooking. I ran water over it and threw it in the pot. The water was grimy and disgusting, so I had to throw it out and start over again.
Don’t even get me started on how I wasn’t prepared for how messy it can be while rinsing. The bottom line here is, rinse the Quinoa!
Let’s get started!
- 5 Red Peppers
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Large Tomato
- 1 tbsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 6 ounces of Fresh Mozzarella (already sliced if you like)
- 6 tsp of olive oil
- Set oven to 375 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes.
Turn the oven on broil and cook for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Cook the Quinoa with chicken broth and let that thicken.
- Add tomato, black beans, and seasonings.
- Let simmerSlice off the tops of each red pepper and rinse inside and out.
- Stuff the quinoa mixture inside, place mozzarella on top and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Set oven to 375 degrees and cook for 10-15 minutes. Turn the oven on broil and cook for additional 3-4 minutes.
Serve while nice and warm!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored.