You tend to grow up quickly when born into a family of vultures!
Regarding attacking one another, no one was ever off limits. So I learned how to protect myself and keep my distance. I’ve never asked anyone for anything or exposed any problems or weaknesses.
I learned at a young age that if you leave the room, you will get dragged by everyone. Instead of folks telling you personally the things you need to change or work on. This is partly why my relationship is nonexistent with those particular folks.
I’m protecting my peace by looking after myself.
Ways to protect your peace
- Remove yourself from toxicity
- Don’t expect anyone to cheer for you
- Learn how to be your best cheerleader
- Make people earn your trust
- Don’t wear your heart on your sleeve
- Learn to cut ties and move on
- Don’t expect FAMILY to be any different than anyone else
- Don’t tell everyone your secrets
- Remove yourself from GOSSIP and PETTINESS
- Learn to pray and put God first
- Learn that people are who they are, and you can’t change anyone
Protect your peace by looking after yourself!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!