We all want love; I don’t care who you are or how badly you hope to hide this want. YOU KNOW YOU WANT LOVE!
But here’s the thing you’re looking in all the wrong places. You aren’t going to find a spouse in a sweaty bottom of the barrel club. You might find something, but I guarantee that it WILL NOT BE LOVE. So stop what you are doing and try something new.
I’m not a love expert, but I am incredibly nosey and listen to everyone’s conversation around me. And I ask a lot of questions!! I’m not kidding; I love to ask questions and wait for a response. So with that being said, here is what I’ve learned.
Please share other ways to find love and tell me if my methods are a little off.
Ten ways to find LOVE
- Put your phone down and get out of the house. YOUR LOVE is not TikTok; that app is full of fools and folks with too much time on their hands.
- Go to places that bring you joy, places you would like to go on a date, or bring you pleasure. Like minds think alike.
- Be open to dating someone that wouldn’t usually be your type.
- Be more expressive and learn how to communicate with ease. There is something so attractive about someone confident.
- Become approachable, let your guard down and laugh, smile, and remain open for conversation
- Care about how you look and smell. If you smell stinky, you attract stinky. So you get whatever you put out in the atmosphere.
- Be open to your close friends and family setting you up on a blind date.
- Stop comparing others to your old, broke down love that failed in the past. Everyone should enter a relationship with a clean slate.
- Write down the pros and cons of a love interest. List the important things you like finances, religion, family, etc.
- Lastly, make sure you are fully equipped to handle a grown-up relationship and that you have something to offer someone else. Please don’t set your standards so high that you fail to meet them as well.
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!
24 Replies to “Top 10 ways to find LOVE”
This is great advice. I plan to share it with my granddaughter.
I knew and trusted that you would have amazing motivating perspectives to share on how to find love- and I was just simply thrilled with how you began – “Put your phone down and get out of the house. ” I thought – awesome, yes! To me it also means to find love for myself by connecting with nature, feeling good with myself, without the addiction of validation through media. Keep writing, keep inspiring Belladona, I agree with all your advice. We have to act and expect at our best to attract the same.
You brought me to tears with your comment. I love what you add, being connected and in tune with yourself is so important and I tell my daughter that all the time. I wish I knew that when I was a teenager and in my early 20’s.
Oh yes I would love to be 20 and have this wisdom. It needed all 4 decades plus to get here! :)) Much Love to you.
Me too!!!!! Now we can pray anad hope that our kids listen to us
The first three lines touched so much…
Thank you! Aand if you are looking fo love I wish you a happy hunting!
Thanks..but I ‘m not in search of love …but I wanted to have special consideration from my friend…like a healthy relationship more than friends..
oh yes I see! Wanting to move up from just friends to more?
I love this❤
Thank you so much Emmanuel!!!
Well said and meaningful advice… and yes everyone wants to be loved
Thank you! There’s just someting about being loved.
Awesome advice, Bella. I wasn’t looking when I met my husband. I was in the checkout line at Wal Mart. Yep! 😂🤣😂 And after dating 2 1/2 years, we married. I actually turned him down the first time he asked to marry me because I wasn’t ready. It’s funny how things line up! 😊
That’s right girl!!! You never know and I love his persistence. He knew you were a catch 💗💗😍😍😍😍
Girrrrl! He was very persistent! 😂🤣 I finally said yes after he asked for about the fifth time! I figured he had to be for real to be so resilient! And here we are, married 5 years last November! ❤❤❤
I love it!!! Huge congratulations to him for knowing what he wanted and not giving up💝😍😍😍😍🤣
Cheers to many many more years 🎉
Awww! Thank you so much, girl! I tell him all the time, “Thank you for not giving up.” 💖💖💖
That’s so sweet Cherie!