Today I am giving you a jewel of a recipe!
This is for all my “I’m hungry, and I want to be bad but yet good” people. This recipe is for you. If you try it, then please leave me a comment letting me know what you think.
Before we get into the recipe, let me say what I always say, and that is… “You can eat other things besides salad.” I don’t know why we are led to believe that the only things we can eat are green leafy things to lose weight. Let me correct that maybe you’re not trying to lose weight but making a positive attempt to do better with your health and fitness.
So with that being said, expand your horizons and think outside the box.
Feel free to cook your favorite meals that you would usually order from your favorite restaurants. You can recreate those go-to meals and alleviate the not-so-good ingredients and exchange them for a healthier substitute. My air fryer recipes help me achieve just that.
Barbecue Chicken Sandwiches
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time ~Air Fryer~20 minutes
Preheat oven 350 degrees ~Cook for an additional 5 minutes~
- 3 chicken breast
- 3 cups almond milk
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 6 tbs olive oil
- Seasoning salt (Season to taste)
- 3 tbls black pepper
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- Hamburger buns
- Cut chicken breast in half
- Soak chicken in milk for no less than an hour, cover, and place in the refrigerator
- In a separate bowl mix flour and seasonings (set aside)
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and dip in the flour mixture
- Place chicken in a single layer in your air fryer drizzle a light layer of extra virgin olive oil on top
- Cook on max crisp for 10 minutes
- Flip chicken and cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove from air fryer and dip chicken in your favorite barbecue sauce
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator and dip them in your favorite barbecue sauce
- Place in oven for 5 minutes
- Remove and serve warm
Add pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and whatever you like to make this delicious sandwich even tastier.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please let me know if you would like more of my favorite go-to recipes.
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!