I needed an egg roll today! That’s right… not just wanted, but I needed this in the worse way. Just to have that crunch with sauteed veggies steaming in the center.
Oh, how I dreamt of you!
I really did. In fact, most of the dinners that I cook are inspired by my dreams. Yes, I dream of food. Don’t you?
I’m going to pretend that you all said yes.
In fact, one of my main reasons for waking up is so I can eat and enjoy all of my favorite things without guilt. Yet and still, I like to transform some of my favorite things into a delicious healthy piece of heaven.
For instance, try stuffing an egg roll with your favorite veggies and bake them, NOT FRY.
Things You Need
- 2 Bags of vegetable slaw
- 1 Large red onion
- 1 Bag of spinach
- 1 Pack of veggie egg roll wraps
- 3 tbs of soy sauce
- Turn on stove to medium heat and add olive oil
- Slice and sautee red onion until translucent
- Add vegetable slaw and spinach
- heat and stir for 5 minutes
- Add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. (A little goes a long way)
- Remove from the stove
- While the mixture is cooling start to layout veggie egg roll wraps
- Add your desired amount to the egg roll wrap.
- If you want them extra thick add one full ice cream scoop to the wrap
- For thinner and easier to roll and half of an ice cream scoop
- Remember the more you stuff, the harder to roll
- Oil the baking sheet
- Roll the egg rolls on the oily pan
- Pre beat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cook for 20-25 minutes
Please watch the video below to gain a full understanding of how to roll the egg rolls. Also, be very careful in handling the wraps because they tear easily.
I found that out the hard way!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!