I have a cozy and delicious meal to share with y’all today. But first let me give you the back story.
The other day I asked my kids to give me suggestions for meals, and my oldest daughter told me right away that she has craved chicken pot pie for weeks.
So I put that down on my list of must-haves and went grocery shopping for the week. While I was at the grocery store, I picked up not 1, not 2 but 3 packs of Pillsbury crust. In case some of you don’t know, 2 individual wraps come in one box. So if you want to make a standard size pie, you only need one box. But for a deep-dish, you need 1-1/2 boxes.
And whenever I make this meal, I make enough for the next day—which why I purchased 3 boxes.
It will all make sense when you watch my video below.
You will need two greased spring pans
~ Bake on 400~
~30 minutes uncovered and 10 minutes covered~ TOTAL 40 MINUTES ~
~Let cool for 10 minutes and then slice~
- Red pepper
- Green pepper
- 5 chicken breasts
- 3 boxes of Pillsbury pie crust
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 bag corn
- 1 bag peas
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cups of spinach
- Olive oil
- Lawry’s (favorite seasoning salt)
- Herbs Rosemary Thyme Oregano
- Turn oven on 400 degrees
- Grease pan and turn on medium to high
- Season and place chicken in the pan, cooking for 5-10 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the chicken
- Then place in the oven for 10 additional minutes
- Chop onion, green and red peppers and sauté for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent
- Add all the other vegetables to the pan
- Slowly add chicken broth and milk, chop half of your bundle of herbs in the pot and lay the rest WHOLE on the top, and cover for 10 minutes
- Chop the chicken into chunks
- Remove bundles of herbs and add chicken stir until well blended
- Prepare your baking dish with butter
- Align crust in the dish
- Add all ingredients
- Place the crust on top
- Cut 3 slits on top of each pie
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes
- Remove and cover with foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes
- Remove and let stand for 10 minutes
Last and Final Step = ENJOY
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!