Soup season is here! And I am beyond ready to dust off these deep pots and get to cooking all my soups on low heat. I start my prep midday, so I can smell the sweet, delicious aroma all day while I work.
Here’s the thing about all of my soup recipes that all of you need to know. I literally open my refrigerator and look at all of my veggies and just start grabbing. I look for all the things that may not be with me for very long. By that, I mean these suckas are about to turn on me and will be garbaged bound very shortly! And for those of you who have been with me on this blog for a while, you know I’m cheap and refuse to throw away food. I use every bit of groceries, and that’s why I LOVE making soup!
The Thing About Soup
Anything you put in the soup will be delicious. Any potato goes with soup and absolutely any of your favorite spices, herbs, and vegetables.
- 5-8 Potatoes
- 2 cups of carrots
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 onion
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 1 cup of almond milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of whole milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar
- Chop onions while your pan is heating up on low to medium heat with olive coating the bottom of the pan
- Add onions and butter and cook onions until translucent 3-5 minutes
- Chop potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli
- Place all the potatoes in the pot with the onions, cover with the lid for 10 minutes
- Then add all the other chopped veggies to the pan and cover for 5-6 minutes
- Add seasoning to the ingredients and over for another 3 minutes
- Stir in chicken broth and simmer for 5 min
- Slowly add milk and bring to a slight boil and then turn the heat back to low to medium
- Stir in cheese 1 cup of cheese ( more if you like) and save the rest for garnishing each bowl of soup
Serve while warm!
Pair this soup with a delicious sandwich, and just like that, you have a meal that will be loved by all!
Please watch my Youtube video below and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, comment, like, and share!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!
15 Replies to “Soups Up | The Best Potato Broccoli Cheese Soup |”
Wonderful combination of flavors!
I love those flavors together. It instantly makes you feel good!
Thank you so much! Sorry that I’m just replying. I found so many messages in my spam folder
I’ve been finding that lately as well, not sure what is going on!
It’s the oddest thing! And I feel so bad when I look at the date 😞
Soup is great!
Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic however , I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!
Thank you! Do you have a food blog?
Thank you for asking. Let me check out your blog and I will get back to you. This could be fun!
Just wanna comment on few general things, The website style and design is perfect, the written content is rattling wonderful : D.
Wow!!Thank you so much. So glad you said that and I hope to see back here again!
OH WOW! Than you so much!
Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?
Hello! Make sure you have two-step verification. That will help protect you