Remembering Alex Trebek, the man with all the answers.
When I watched the documentary of his life, I was brought to tears immediately. This brilliant man is apart of my childhood, and someone that you think will live forever. His passing is just another hateful reminder that death is amongst us. And there’s no escaping it. No matter who you are, you will meet death.
During the interview with Alex and his beautiful wife, I couldn’t help but notice the way she touched his hand. They looked at each other, like their love was new. You could tell it was real. They joked easily, and she fussed about his diet, and he put his head down in shame. Then their eyes met, and a slight, joyful smile appeared on their faces. The love was real.
When she spoke about what he means to her and their kids, the interviewer was lost for words. She said everything we could only wish for someone to say about you. My favorite part was when he said he shared his cancer diagnosis with the world because he wanted to be transparent in the hope that his transparency could help others.
It feels good to hear everyone talk about what a good person you are while you’re still alive. Often times we hear positive things when the person has died.
We have to be better than that and by we I mean ME. Stop giving people praise when they have passed. Bring them flowers when they’re alive. Show love today!
- Born July 22nd, 1940 in Greater Sudbury, Canada
- Hosted Jeopardy for 36 years
- Began in 1984-2020
- The host of 13 other games shows before landing on the hit game show
- In 2001 he shaved the legendary mustache that he has worn for 30 years
- In 2008 he wore a fake mustache on April fools day
- He has 2 children with his second wife none with his first wife
- Married to Jean for 30 years (1990- until passing away)
- Author of a brand new book
- Received a star on Canda Walk of Fame and Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Has hosted 33 different shows, (for a day or seasonal)
- Made a countless number of appearances on major hit T.V. shows as himself…including my favorite…..RUPAUL’S DRAG RACE
- 7 awards for outstanding game show host as well as many others
- Received an Honorary Degree of Doctor from the University of Ottawa
- Is a household name all around the world
- Will be missed like it’s someone you’re related to because he is deeply rooted in your memory
And the answer is, “Who is Alex Trebek.”
Rest In Paradise
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!