This week we celebrated two birthdays!
So I had two opportunities to get my sweet tooth taken care of. I always tell my kids to challenge me and give me a dessert that will get me out of my comfort zone, and they always do just that.
Next week I’ll share my Ice Cream Cake with you, and today I’ll give you my fabulous Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake!
But let me warn you ahead of time and tell you that this should not be made on the same day of consumption. This is best when it’s prepared the day before. The cheesecake should be refrigerated for at least 4-6 hours. This time will allow the cake to settle and firm up before you slice it.
I had to learn this the hard way.
This is what happened to my first cheesecake!
I took it out of my spring pan, and I screamed bloody murder.
So I made another one and boom.… it came out perfect!
INGREDIENTS FOR THE PIE CRUST
- 3 Cups Grahm Crackers
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- 1 Stick Room Temperature Butter
- 1/2 Cup Mini of Chopped Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tspn Baking Powder
- 1 Tspn Salt
- 2 Tspn Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbls Milk
INGREDIENTS FOR THE FILLING
- 4 Packages Of Room Temperature Cream Cheese ( Sit out for about an hour)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbls All-Purpose Flour
Whip Cream Topping
- 1/2 Cup Powder Sugar
- 1/2 White Sugar
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Make the cookie dough balls first. So they can harden up in the freezer while you make the rest of the dessert
- Mix all of your cookie dough ingredients together in an electric mixer. And form teaspoon size balls and lay them on parchment paper.
- Place them into the freezer while you prep the rest of your dessert.
- Mix your ingredients for the pie crust and place inside of a buttered spring pan. Then set it aside. Start off with a 1/2 cup of melted butter but do not exceed a cup. The mixture will seem crumbly until you place it in a spring pan.
- In an electric mixer, add your pie ingredients and mix on high. Be sure that all of the cream cheese is well blended.
- When the cookie dough is stiff, remove them from the freezer. Usually takes an hour. Make sure they are no longer sticky. If they are, put them back in the freezer.
- Add 1/2 of the cheesecake filling to the crust. All of the cookie dough and the rest of the chocolate chips. Fold in all of the ingredients.
- Lastly, top with the remaining half of the filling.
- Place in a preheated 325-degree oven for 1 HOUR and 10 MINUTES
- TURN the oven OFF and leave the cheesecake in for another 30 minutes with the oven door slightly opened.
- Place the Cheesecake in the refrigerator for atleast 4 hours
Start to fold in all of the ingredients
Pour the rest of the batter on top and now it’s…
Ready For The Oven: 325 Degrees For 1 hour and 10 minutes!
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!