Over the past few months, I’ve made pancakes and waffles from scratch. My dependency on box ingredients was getting a little out of hand. If you ever look at the back of any pancake and waffle box, you’ll see that the ingredients are a bit questionable.
I had to up my game; however, I don’t have much time to waste in the kitchen. I mean, I love family, and I want them to eat healthily, but I have other things to do. Such as WORK!
If you haven’t tried my Banana Oatmeal Pancakes, then click here after you watch the video for my Apple Cinnamon Protein Cakes. These cakes are fluffy and delicious and packed with yummy goodness. I promise you will not want to use a box recipe ever again!!!!
- 2 tbs Butter
- 3 to 4 apples peeled and sliced (depending on the size)
- 6 large whites (1 cup of egg whites)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbls coconut flout
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- Heat a large skillet and add butter and apples
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the apples and stir
- Cover it and occasionally stir until the apples are tender
- If your apples need more juice, then add a little more butter and a spoon full of maple syrup
- In a large bowl mix together all of you dry ingredients and give it a quick stir
- In a smaller bowl add all of the wet ingredients and mix until well blended
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix
- On a heated skillet spread butter and ladle the pancake mix on the skillet. Flip after 3-4 minutes.
Plate the pancakes and then add warm apple cinnamons on top.