So yesterday was Valentine’s Day, and we chose to stay in an celebrate with the kiddos. They are attached to our hip and would have felt left out if my husband and I had gone out to a fancy restaurant without them.
But after dinner, I gave them a heads up and let them know that we will be stepping out alone tomorrow night for dinner and maybe a movie.
Since I knew we were going to celebrate the love day with the kids, I went all out. On Thursday evening, I went grocery shopping for all my goodies, and then I headed over to the Dollar Tree and picked up decorations.
Did you know that the same helium balloons that are sold in stores for $3.00 can be purchased at the Dollar Tree for $1.00? Mind-blowing, right?
I had to share that tidbit of goodness if you are looking for cheap but adorable decorations.
I left all the decorations in the back of my car so that I could surprise everyone on Friday with a festive kitchen.
They loved it!
After I set up my decorations, we danced and cooked a tremendous Italian spread. We had Manicotti and Heart shaped Pizza.
I’ve made manicotti a 100 times, but I switched my recipe quite a bit this time, and it was a huge win! I’ve posted my pizza recipe before, so please click the link below to see that.
Today I Will Clean and Make Pizzas… But First We Sip
Then look below for the kick-butt manicotti recipe, and please answer the question below!
I’m interested to hear all of your traditions for Valentine’s Day.
Is it just another day?
Do you go out to eat?
Do you host Valentine’s Dinner or Party?
Items you need
- 1-1/2 pound Italian sausage
- 6 pieces of bacon
- 1 box Manicotti (14 are in a box)
- 24 ounces of small curd cottage cheese
- 3 cups of spinach
- 1 can of pasta sauce or make your own How I Amped Up My Pasta Sauce
Time To Prep
- Cook Manicotti according to package and cool on parchment paper for 5 minutes
- Brown the sausage and cook the bacon in the same pan
- Remove bacon and place it on a napkin. Let the grease drain and pat the bacon to remove excess oil.
- Spoon the cottage cheese in the bowl and add chopped bacon, cooked sausage, and chopped spinach.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined and then and 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Stuff all ingredients into cooked and cooled shells
- place a small layer of sauce on to the bottom of the pan
- Add Manicotti to the pan and a layer of sauce on top
- Bake on 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes
- Remove and serve warm
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!
7 Replies to “Dinner For Five Please”
Looks delicious !!
Thank you!!! Hope you try it out💗💗
This looks so appetizing. Now, I want Italian foor and it’s still morning.
Have a beautiful Sunday Belladonna.
I’m always thinking food 😂 Thank you so much for reading!! Happy Sunday💗💗
Haha. Aren’t you a fitness coach? You meant always thinking of healthy food. Right?
Ummm yeah that’s it! Healthy food only🤣🤣