There’s something magically about a tasty chocolate dessert. Watching that chocolate slowly soften while you are heating it up. Then that sweet aroma fills the room.
Chocolate desserts are the easiest for me to cook, so when my family asked for me to make something gooey, chocolate and warm, of course, I said yes.
I whipped opened my cookbook and found something that I feel every chocolate lover should try. You are literally in and out of the kitchen in 30 minutes. That time includes prep, baking, and clean up.
One last thing before I share the recipe! If you don’t have vanilla bean ice cream, I suggest you make your way to the store and get some. The vanilla mixed with the warm dark chocolate is created for each other.
Bake on 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes if baking in a muffin pan 6 minutes 10-12 if using a ramekin dish
- 8 ounces of dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and butter. Place in the microwave and heat up in 10-second increments. Stir in between increments until smooth. This will typically take 60-70 seconds.
- Stir flour, salt, and sugar together in a small bowl
- Beat the eggs and egg yolk in a small bowl
- Combine the flour and egg mixture into the chocolate and fold with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir until all the lumps are out and the batter is smooth
- Generously butter your muffin pan and dust with cocoa powder. This will ensure that your lava cakes can be easily pulled out of the pan.
Serve immediately and place a generous amount of ice cream on top. You can also top the ice cream with a little extra of your chocolate sauce or lightly dust it with cocoa powder.
You could have chosen any blog to read, but you chose mine, and I’m honored.