I don’t know about you, but sometimes I feel like giving up and throwing in the towel on this whole working out thing. I get so sick of putting on my workout clothes and pressing play on that DVD or beginning my run or looking at an instructor on a stage. But I like food, and I enjoy being healthy.
Fighting to maintain a healthy lifestyle can, at times, feel like an endless battle. For months you can be doing so well and leaping ahead of the game. Then boom just like that your kids out for the summer, which causes your sleep pattern to become thrown off, eating later than 8:00 and not drinking enough water. It’s so easy to watch all of your gains go right down the drain and leave you feeling hopeless.
I know by the end of the summer you want to give up the fight.
But I am here to beg you to stay active.
Here’s how you stay active and juggle having all your kids home
- Set a bedtime for yourself and let your kids know that just because they are out for summer they can not and repeat can not treat every night like it’s Friday.
- They too have to be respectful of the time and learn when to quiet it down so that there struggling, working parents can get some sleep.
- Teach your kids how to prepare a well-balanced breakfast. Something that will keep them full until lunchtime time.
- Then at lunchtime let them pull out leftovers from dinner the night before or make a grilled cheese or a peanut butter sandwich.
- Keep your kids on a schedule. They need it as much as you do.
Here’s something that I know nothing about, but I have heard that taking an adult trip during the summer is a must. Like I said I don’t know anything about this, but I can only imagine.
A kidless vacation would be a dream come true. I can honestly say that I have never been away from my kids for longer than 3 days. As parents, we need a good week to recover and feel free. But if you are like me and that option is… well isn’t an option, then set a schedule and stick to it.
This is not the time to give up…I believe you have a lot of fight left in you
You could have chosen to read any blog, but you chose mine, and I’m honored!