This sauce is so easy to make even a 15-year-old boy that is half awake can make it. All of the ingredients are fresh and right out of my garden. I can’t believe those words are coming out of my mouth. Mostly because I can’t believe that I have a green thumb. It seems like just yesterday that I killed every plant that came within 10 feet of me. But look at me now.
- 4 medium to large tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup of red wine
- olive oil
- 2 tbs fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- Cut up all your veggies
- Coat the pan with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sauté all veggies
- Purée all tomatoes and add to the pan
- Add 1 cup of wine and all seasonings and stir
- Turn on high heat for 5 minutes so that the wine can cook down. You don’t want drunk kids 😬
- Turn heat on low, add basil, cover with a lid and let simmer for at least 5 minutes.
You could have chosen any blog to read but you chose mine and I’m honored.