Let’s talk about that burger I ate and why I did it. I don’t want to offend my vegan friends with this post. I know there are limitless options on how to obtain an adequate amount of protein without eating meat.
So please let me explain.
I just changed my workout routine and heavyweights are being used 3 days a week. I workout anywhere from 45 minutes to 60 minutes a day and either I use weights for my upper body or lower body, it all depends on what day it is. Monday, Wednesday and Friday is leg day, Tuesday and Thursday is upper body, Saturday is cardio only, and Sunday is an entire body or a rest day. This has been an ongoing schedule for me for the past 2 months, and my body was starting to need a massive dose of protein.
I’m sorry my vegan friends, clients, and my sweet daughter but I don’t regret eating that burger.
Here are the 5 reasons why you may need more protein
- Want to lose weight
- By increasing your protein from 15% to 30% of your caloric intake you will become more satisfied after each meal. This will then eliminate snacking in between meals and have you remain comfortable for a longer period of time.
2. Lifting and training harder
- This is how you rebuild your muscles.
3. Under a lot of stress
- Stress may cause stress eating and stress eating may cause a higher dose of carbs and sugar to enter into your bloodstream and affect your train of thought. By increasing protein, your mind, and body will function at a more efficient level as well as balancing out your blood level.
4. Tired all the time
- Increase of protein will give you positive energy and have a longlasting effect on your body.
- Helping you increase your workout and burn more calories.
5. Look younger
- Eating more protein is one of the best ways to reduce age-related muscle deterioration and prevent sarcopenia
- Every muscle in your body is made up of protein. But as you get older, your body requires more protein to build the same amount of muscle because the body is less efficient at processing protein
You could have chosen to read any blog but you chose mine and I’m honored.