Parents I know we are all busy and we live in our cars being uber drivers for our kids. But it is so important to take time out and spend one on one time with our kids. There are so many fun ideas and over throughout the life of my blog I will share some of my favorite activities. So for us spending time in the kitchen is ideal.
My daughters love to bake and try out new desserts. So we go into the kitchen and make a complete mess. Most of the time our desserts turn out amazing and some not so amazing but the most important thing is, we had fun!
I hope you all enjoy the bread that my baby girl made for us!
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 15 Ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 8 Ounces of plain yogurt
- 3 Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chip
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Bake for 50 minutes
Spray 2 9X5 or similar size loaf pans and set aside
- Combine flours (after you put your flour in the bowl, just grab a teaspoon or two of it and toss with chocolate chips), cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk gently to combine and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine brown sugar and white sugar and whisk to combine. Add yogurt, eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and mix together, being careful to not over mix. When combined, gently stir in chocolate chips. Divide batter between loaf pans and sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and then run a sharp knife around edge of pan and remove loaves from pan.
You could have chosen to read any blog but you chose mine and I’m honored!