I am so excited to share this recipe with all of you! If you love calzones then please try this recipe. I have made these over and over again and I know that I finally nailed it.
The crust is buttery, crisp, and delicious!!!!! But here is the best part, you only need a few ingredients.
- Bake 375 degrees for 20 min then turn the oven up to 400 for 5 min
If the crust isn’t firm then place it back in to the oven until it is slightly golden and firm
~Ingredients~ will make 2 calzones
Mix the following together
- One pack of yeast
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbls of olive oil
- 3 cups of flour (add enough so that the dough is no longer sticky)
Now form the dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator for atleast an hour (may refrigerate over night)
Next add the following
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- green pepper
- red pepper
- Fold the two ends
- Fold the side and place one side on top of the other
- Make sure it is secured tightly or toppings will fall out
- Rub olive oil over the entire calzone and place in the oven
Please leave me any questions and follow me for more recipes and much much more!
You could have chosen any blog to read but you chose mine and I am honored!
~Bella Donna’s Flashlight~